Sunday 31 August 2008

Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer

Well now, I'm not so sure about this one. On paper it looks good, nice bottle, nice label, nice colour (Sorry, I drank it before I took the photo!), nice blurb. It talked the talk......to me anyway.

Taste wise it was ok, nice and smooth. Very drinkable with good flavour but I felt it didn't live up to its promise. I guess I felt a little cheated as I felt it because it was oak aged it would have more to it, an earthier quality perhaps. Where did the come up with the 47 days in the barrel? I think I may have to Google that one.

Now let me say here and now it's a good beer but I think it's missing something. I think this is one I'll have to try again. I'll keep you posted.........if you pardon the pun.

Would I buy it again?

I think I'll have to.

Innis & Gunn - 33cl - 6.6% alcohol

Available from Superquinn and others.

No comments: