Saturday 23 August 2008

Aldaris Zelta Lager



Ok, so I didn't go out of my way to find a Latvian beer. I saw it on the shelf in Dunnes in Kilkenny and liked the look of the bottle. Yes, I know that's not the way to select beer, god knows I complain when herself brings home a bottle of wine because 'the label looked pretty' but it does look good.
I was pretty impressed with the taste. It's very refreshing with a nice full flavour. I drank it quite cold and I didn't seem to loose any taste. It would be a great beer for a summer bbq (if we had summers) and if very moreish. There's a lovely hint of sweet fruity after taste too.
Would I buy it again?
Yes, definitely. It gets a thumbs up from me.
Aldaris Zelta - 50cl bottle - 5.2% alcohol - Latvia
Available from: Dunnes Stores. Although my local store didn't have it but the larger one in Kilkenny did.
I would be interested in any feed back or opinions of others.

No comments: