Saturday 29 November 2008

Shepherd Neame Bishops Finger - I Finally Got The Finger Out

 This was on special for two for €5 in Tesco so I grabbed it with Spitfire with my weekly shopping. I had put off trying this for no good reason really except, I guess, that it was everywhere I looked so I always tended to look for something different.
I was heading to a party that night so I brought it along. Hence the picture.
I have to say that once again this is a Shephern Neame that just doesn't do it for me. I know that others find it above average but I found it only ok at best.
The taste was a bit like burnt biscuits with a bitter aftertaste. I got very little fruit taste from it despite the promise of Seville oranges on the label. It went flat rather quickly too.
The Verdict
I am sure they're are many who this appeals to but it's not to my taste anyway. I can only hope the Spitfire is better.
Shepherd Neame Bishops Finger - 50cl - 5.4% alcohol - England

No comments: