Wednesday 17 September 2008

Whitstable Bay

I usually run a mile from organic products. In general, in my experience, organic products can be expensive, overrated and disappointing. This offering from Sheperd Neame jumped out of the cooler at me. Well not literally, but you know what I mean. Orange label and orangish contents can't be missed.
But this was ok really. Nice citrusy taste, good colour and a slightly bitter aftertaste that helped not hindered it's drinkability. It's a good light summer drink and i have nothing bad to say about it.
I might change my mind about organics!
The Verdict:
Nice, fruity summer drink. If you have to drink organic then give it a shot.
Whitstable Bay Organic Ale - 50cl - 4.5% alcohol

2 comments:

Alistair Reece said...

I am fan of Shepherd Neame beers, in particular Bishop's Finger - but I have to agree on the "organic" beer thing, I have only had a couple and they tend to be somewhat disappointing, almost "washed out" in my experience.

Liam said...

Yeah, this was ok, as I say but nothing special.