Friday 12 September 2008

O'Hara's Celebration Stout



After trying beers from many far flung places I decided I better try something closer to home. Up the road in fact. This is brewed in my home town...or at least I hope it is. I think they farmed out some of their brewing elsewhere.
It would be nice to say that a great brew was born in my home town....and I can!
In my somewhat biased opinion this is great stuff. It has a wonderful bitterness and sooty flavour that reminds me of the back draft down a chimney on a winter night. A strange analogy perhaps but the best I can come up with. I know I have criticised bitterness before but with this it just seems right. Balanced, measured, perfect.
I think I got the temperature right too. this is one of the problems with Guinness in pubs, that Extra Cold lark killed it.
Would I buy it again?
Yes.
O'Hara's Celebration Stout - 75cl - 6% alcohol

No comments: