Saturday 6 September 2008

Schofferhofer hefeweizen

I have to thank Mrs Bn for this as she picked it up in Aldi for me. I have not gone there yet in my travels.

This is my first taste of a wheat beer I think apart from a Hoegaarden that I picked up somewhere before my trip to Belgium. I was a bit unsure what to expect.

My initial reaction to a fruity almost shandy tasting beer was good. Easy to drink, tasty not bitter, it tasted clean if that makes sense. It tasted better than what I remembered the Hoegaarden tasted but I need to revisit that as part of the blog anyway so I won't comment to much yet. I feel this would be great summer beer for having when the weather is hotter and you're really thirsty. I was really impressed with it by the time I had it finished. I think I might have to visit Aldi sooner than I thought.

Would I buy it again?

Yes and I'll see what other offerings Schofferhofer have.

Schofferhofer hefeweizen - 50cl - 5% alcohol

Available from Aldi

2 comments:

Alistair Reece said...

Schofferhofer is the wheat beer which opened my eyes to the joys of weizen. Certainly I find German wheats more to my liking than Belgian. If you can get hold of Memminger you will be in for a treat.

Liam said...

Thanks for the head's up. Will put it on my wish list.