Friday 19 September 2008

Samuel Adams Summer Ale

I was rooting through my stash of bottles to see if I had something that might cure my cold when I spotted this one lurking in the back of the fridge. I had come across it in the local about a week ago. I know summer is long gone, in fact I don't think it ever came, but I had good success with the other Sam Adams beer here and here so I thought I'd purchase.

This is a wheat beer with added lemon zest and Grains of Paradise, or so the blurb says. It didn't seem to be a true wheat beer to my cold-affected, novice palate. More like a blend with something else, I'm not sure. A nice amount of alcohol too mind.

It was good though, nicely zesty as you would expect and maybe the added Vitamin C will help my cold. It had a slight spicy taste in their too but not over powering. This is a nice well made beer with appeal all year round, not just for summer so keep your eyes peeled.

The Verdict.

I easy drink beer for the summer with a feel good factor. Good stuff.

Samuel Adams Summer Ale - 35.5cl - 5.6% alcohol

No comments: